The whetstone is used to clean debris from the cutting band. This improves the performance of the cutting band. It’s important to note that the whetstone does NOT sharpen the cutting band.
The EXAKT 50 I Three Roll Mill is an especially compact, versatile, and easy-to-operate unit for applications where excellent dispersing is essential. Working with separate roller sets is particularly effective in regard to fast cleaning, the avoidance of cross-contamination, and downtimes due to changing the product. EXAKT 50 is indispensable for research, development, and training.
- Roller gap to 10 μm
- Precise setting of the roller gap, no dry running possible
- Up to 5 l/h throughput with a gap width of 10 μm
- Adjustable circumferential speed of the rollers
- Interchangeable roller set
- Ceramic or hardened chrome rollers
- Precise one-hand adjustment, continuous and with scale
- Self-adjusting scraper knife
- Overload protection
EXAKT’s Pathology Saw last a long time, and a little preventative maintenance will add even more years of reliable performance.
We recommend replacing the yellow bands on your 312 Pathology Saw annually. The yellow bands keep the diamond band riding evenly on the pulleys. This can help improve performance and extend the life of your diamond band.
For the EXAKT 312 (floor model) model:
For the EXAKT 302 (benchtop) model:
If your pharmacy is running back-to-back ointments and needs to clean its mills quickly. Instead of turning the machine off and turning the rollers with the hand wheel, they leave the machine running while wiping it clean. Not only is this unsafe for the technician, but it also risks damaging the mill. If something too big is pulled in by the rollers, it may result in costly replacement parts and repairs.
Five easy steps to remove a paper towel from your ointment mill:
1. Turn off the motor and disconnect the mill from the power supply.
2. Open the gaps to their widest position.
3. Cut as much of the paper towel away from the gap as possible.
4. Saturate the remaining towel by dripping small amounts of water on it. Once the towel is saturated, use tweezers to pick out the pieces until there is no paper visible.
5. Open and close the gaps several times to compress the paper. The last action should be to open the rollers. Turn the rollers in the normal direction (don’t back up) until the paper rolls through. The more saturated the paper, the more it will compress and dislodge.
Note: If you cannot turn the rollers easily with the hand wheel, you can grab the rear roller and turn it toward the middle roller with your hand with more pressure than you can get with the hand wheel.
Ointment mills, like any piece of machinery, can be dangerous if they are used improperly or safety precautions are not followed. It’s not uncommon to rush the cleaning process, but remember: slow and steady will win the race.
If you need more information about proper cleaning and safety procedures, talk to our experts. EXAKT has factory-trained technicians and a network of authorized distributors to help you.