Check out the video below to learn more about cleaning your pathology saw. Cleaning your saw after each use will help improve the safety and performance of your machine.
Warning: Do not use disinfectants containing chlorine, ammonia, or aggressive disinfectants such as acetone or nitro thinner. Simply use alcohol-based disinfectants normally found in laboratories. Make sure they are alcohol-based.
EXAKT’s 312 Pathology Saw has been designed to safely gross bone, tissue, and metal implants without the worry of injuring yourself.
- Developed for the requirements of pathology
- Freehand cuts down to 1 mm possible
- Minimal risk of injury to the operator
- Mobile and universal use
- Very easy to operate
- For fresh tissue, and bone with implants or screws
EXAKT’s Pathology Saw last a long time, and a little preventative maintenance will add even more years of reliable performance. We recommend replacing the yellow bands on your 312 Pathology Saw annually.
Yellow Band for Pulley:
- Part #36140
- $87 ea.
Key elements of the saw such as doors, the top of the work table or the upper pulley of the saw blade are easy to remove without tools and can be cleaned under running water. Rinsing immediately after use removes any tissue residues from the band, subsequent samples are not affected and the overall system is far easier to clean.
- Tool-less band replacement
- Automatic band tension adjustment
- Adjustable band speed
- Stainless Steel design – fast to clean and hygienic
While pathologists and pathologist assistants love the safety and precision of EXAKT pathology saws, you’ll find a few key features that make cutting simple and easy.
Laser Aided Sample Orientation
- Supports precise positioning of the sample to the cutting band
Water cooling and splash guard
- Reduces aerosolized bone and tissue matter
- Controls water from splashing outside the saw
- Manual adjustment for parallel cuts, including scale
- Available in three sizes ( 30, 100, and 200 mm)