A comparative study conducted at the University of Hamburg, Institute of Pharmacy in Hamburg, Germany concluded that the quality of compounds processed with three roll mills is better than those processed with electric mixing systems.
- Particle size is smaller.
- Particle size distribution is narrow.
- Ointment stability is better.
- Temperatures do not increase significantly during processing.
- Ointments are softer consistency with lower flow limits
- Three roll mills allow for quality control during processing.