EXAKT ointment mills produced ointments with softer consistency and lower flow limits than those produced with EMPs, most likely due to the significant temperature increase of ointments processed with EMPs (electronic mortar & pestle).
An ointment mill utilizes high shear force to disperse active ingredients, and homogenize viscous materials.
Shear force is created by three horizontally positioned rollers rotating in opposite directions and at different speeds relative to each other.
The product is pulled through the gaps between the rollers. Active ingredients and powder clumps are broken up and homogenized, which removes grittiness and results in a high-quality topical. This gives your customers a pharmaceutically elegant and effective ointment.
The EXAKT 120EH-450 is the highest performance three roll mill of the E-Line series. Developed for production, the mill offers options for the automatic filling, monitoring, and cooling. The electronic control concept enables the precise setting of all relevant processing parameters. Recurrent production processes can also be programmed and all operating parameters continuously stored. This means they are available at any time for documentation or for subsequent analysis of the results. Reproducible, consistent and documented quality is the precondition for efficient production.
- Achievable fineness of less than 1 μm
- Gap or power mode optionally selectable per gap
- One-pass calibration – automatic adjustment of the spacing and parallelism of the rollers
- Electronic display of all operating parameters
- DataLog – documentation of processing parameters
- Throughput up to 14 or 27.5 l/h with a gap width of 5 μm
- Roller temperature control for optimum process control
- Safe working – overload protection, cleaning and reverse mode
- Scale-up from the laboratory to production